Joybee, What's For Dinner is a terrific blog. I hope you'll check it out!
Joybee has graciously allowed me to share one of her recipes with you. It is yummy!!
Cauliflower and Chickpea SoupMakes 2-3 entree sized servings
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 Tbsp ginger, minced
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
1/2 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1 Tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp red chili powder, or to taste
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 cups water or vegetable broth
1 tsp tamarind concentrate (optional)
2 cups chickpeas, precooked
1 13.5 oz coconut milk
- Heat oil in large pan. Add cumin seeds and stir until fragrant and seeds begin to crack.
- Add ginger and garlic. Cook until they become fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add cauliflower and spices. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add water/vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook for 10 minutes (or until the cauliflower is soft).
- Add tamarind concentrate (if using) and chickpeas. Cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat, add coconut milk, and blend until smooth. (I prefer an immersion blender. If you use a regular blender, I recommend blending in small batches and be sure to vent the top so that it doesn't explode.)
- Return pan to heat and cook, on low, until the soup is heated through.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with toasted cumin seeds.
The original recipe can be found HERE.
If you have a vegan recipe which you'd like to share, please contact me HERE. And for all the recipes we've shared so far, be sure to visit our recipe page using the tabs at the top of this blog ... or by clicking HERE.