Friday, August 29, 2008

Your Comments ...

We have, again this month, received some great comments. Thank you to the following people for their ideas and input.



Marion said ... great blog, love it. Well one of the things I do to help our planet is I hang dry the laundry instead of using the dryer. I used to think it's so much work but now I can't imagine doing it any other way. August 3, 2008 5:31 PM



Marion said ... forgot to mention ... I did eat my veggies, eat them every day ... We are a vegan family. August 3, 2008 5:33 PM



Marion said ... Often the water heater is far far away from the bathroom or kitchen sink and one has to let the water run for minutes to finally get some hot. Well we have a tiny water heater right under the sink. So the hot water is there instantly. Our big water heater is set to be on at night only, when electricity is cheaper, and the water stays hot all day. Also we cut down on the showers altogether, we shower every other day only. We have barrels set up in the yard for catching rain water, which we use to water the plants. August 3, 2008 5:45 PM



Marion said ... I use reusable bags, but what I do use as well are the boxes my grocery store provides. They are the boxes the products come in and they have an area in the store where they keep them for people to use. At home I use them to stack in the newspaper and then it's easy to take the old papers to the recycle center. August 3, 2008 5:49 PM



Marion said ... actually there are these handy dandy drying racks that are smaller than my bathtub and hold at least one huge load of laundry, maybe even more. I keep it in my bedroom by the open window so the clothes get air. In the winter the house is very dry from the wood stove and the wet laundry serves as a humidifier. August 3, 2008 6:04 PM



Kelly said ... This is a great post. I work in the Asheville tourism industry (for a local vacation rental/property management company Carolina Mornings), and with the economy and gas prices the way they've been, we have seen a lot of people visiting from close by and taking shorter trips. Tourism is still growing, just in different ways! I think it's great to explore near home :) I write a blog all about what's happening in and around Asheville. If you are interested, the link is http://carolinamornings.blogspot.com/ Take care! :) August 17, 2008 9:26 PM

Anonymous said ... I have a shoe dryer sitting in the kitchen in an out-of-the-way corner. In addition to using it to dry shoes (which we take off at the kitchen door when we enter), it is great for quickly and totally drying our washed plastic bags which can then be folded and carefully reinserted into the box for their next use! August 24, 2008 9:42 PM



As always, I love hearing from you ... and now we have an additional avenue for you to reach us. Our email address is posted on the left sidebar. If you'd prefer not to have your comments posted, please let us know.