Friday, February 5, 2010

Vegan Recipe - Skillet white beans, spinach & tomatoes over Linguine

Whenever I'm in the mood for a new recipe, I head to Callin cooks from all over the world ... a wonderful forum full of fantastic recipes, including a whole bunch of vegetarian/vegan dishes. My bloggy friend Amy, from The Wayland Springs Cook, is the administrator and has amassed a truly great collection of recipes. I've tried a number of them and we've loved every single one.

Earlier in the week, I prepared the following dish. It was delicious and I'll be making it again. I hope you and your family enjoy it:

Skillet white beans, spinach & tomatoes over Linguine

Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (do not drain)
1 can any white beans (I use Great Northern or Navy usually)
1 package fresh spinach
6 cups cooked linguine
6 Tablespoons Vegan Parmesan "cheese" (the original recipe calls for Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated)

Method:

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
2. In a separate pan start boiling water for linguine and get linguine cooked while you continue.
3. Add garlic, saute for a minute or so.
4. Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
5. Cover with spinach, top with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Spoon tomato/beans/ spinach mixture over linguine and sprinkle with cheese.

This makes 6 servings of 1 cup of pasta, 1 cup of sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese.


If you have a vegan recipe that you'd like to share with us, please send it to my email (reducefootprints (at) gmail (dot) com). Recipes are posted on the first Friday of the month.

Happy eating, everyone!