Monday, July 15, 2013

Meet & Greet Monday (#MtaGt) - How I “vote” with my money

Welcome to Meet & Greet Monday, a regular series designed to grow our green community.

A link-up for green blogs on Reduce Footprints Blog

Grab our banner for your site:

The rules:

1. Use the link-up tool below to share your green-living blog or collection of environmental posts.
2. Visit at least one other blog and/or the featured site and leave a pertinent comment.
3. The link-up closes on Thursday at 6:00 pm (EDT).
4. Random.org determines the featured site each week.

Growing up, I learned that voting is a right, a privilege and a responsibility. In How I “vote” with my money Cristina discusses how, and why, she uses her spending power to support the environment. Just as many people spend time investigating political leaders and legislative issues, she researches companies, reading and questioning so that her purchases send a clear message. She also asks herself three basic questions: 1) Is it organic?, 2) Is it a “fair-trade” item? and 3) Do I need this? It is an important discussion. After reading it, I felt that the way we spend money is not only a right and a privilege but it also carries a responsibility because every purchase is a vote for that product, company and, ultimately, the environment. How I “vote” with my money might just make you think differently about your next purchase.

For previous features & blogs, check out the Meet & Greet Page: http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/p/meet-greet.html.

Our link-up is live. Please list your blog, visit and have fun!

Let's do a BLOG POST LINK-UP. This week, please share up to 2 environmental posts. These can be your own or articles you've found while visiting other blogs.