Friday, May 17, 2013

Review - Chi Bar

Do you ever crave something sweet but avoid sugary, unhealthy candy bars? Like me, you might browse the granola or energy bar selections thinking that they contain nutritious ingredients ... and then feel disappointed seeing things like hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup on the label. The few wholesome bars on the shelves often lack flavor or a pleasant texture ... I tried a sample which made me think of sawdust.

organic chi bar
The kind folks at Chi Foods invited me to try Chi Bars.

Before agreeing, I visited their site to learn about the product. Words like USDA Organic, Non-GMO, and Gluten Free peaked my interest. A good product offers clients full disclosure ... a complete ingredient list ... it shows that they stand behind their product and hide nothing. Chi Bar descriptions include all nutritional information. They contain Omega 3, potassium, amino acids, complex carbs and antioxidants. Each bar includes organic super-foods like Almonds, Pumpkin Seeds, Fig Paste, Agave Nectar, Banana chips, Goji Berries, and more. Wow!

But do they taste like good?

non-gmo vegan energy bar
Yes!

Chi Bars come in four delicious flavors ... Berry Berry, Cacao Cherry, Mango Ginger and Papaya Pineapple. Imagine taking the soft center of a fig bar and combining it with mixed raw nuts ... yummy, right? That was my first impression. They are a delightful combination of chewy fruits and crunchy nuts.

Did they satisfy?

Absolutely! With 4g of dietary fiber and 6g of protein, they fill one up and provide lasting energy.

The bars come packaged in recyclable printed foil. The downside is that they are single-serving packages. But green living requires balance. In my opinion, they work well as a treat or for those times when we want to carry something small (when hiking, in one's purse for a healthy snack on the go, at the beach, etc.).

Got a craving? Try out Chi Bars, a healthy treat!

organic


I received a sample box of Chi Bars in order to write this review. I received no other compensation. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and reflect my honest opinion of the product reviewed.