Friday, May 8, 2009

I can see the light (a recycled article)

Whenever a light bulb in my house burns out, I (of course) switch to energy efficient bulbs. But even then ... do I really need 10 light bulbs over the mirror in the bathroom? My answer ... No! So, this conservation tip is easy ... just twist off as many light bulbs as you can. For us, two bulbs over the mirror in the big bathroom, and one bulb in the small bathroom, is plenty.

And, of course, turn off lights whenever possible. Have you ever tried watching a movie in the dark? Grab some popcorn, cuddle up with someone special and relax ...

As always, I would love to hear your ideas for reducing, reusing and recycling.

6 comments :

  1. Just stopped by to say Hi. Hope everything is well with you

    Joe Todd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sf

    just a wee visit to say goodmorning

    as for lights as you know i live on a bus and we use the solar lights most people use to light the garden up with and apart from the odd candle our lighting is free musicto an old dafthermit

    all the best from the highlands and thanks for popping over to my blogs


    Andy & Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I've just voted for you at the Blogger Choice Award for Best blog of all time!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Footprint.
    Soy candles are good...
    Also, recycling articles is a great concept too :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right about bathroom lights. I would've never thought of just unscrewing a couple. Many thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just turn off anything not being used; just a good habit as well!


    Pls visit the 'Green Plane' blog http:://worldofcae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete