Saturday, November 13, 2010

Take a moment ...

One leaf drifted to the river ... and floated, peacefully, along. No other human in the world witnessed that particular leaf release itself from the tree and float off ... that thought filled me with awe. As the sun slowly dipped behind the mountains, birds sang their "good night" song ... some chattered and chirped to each other ... maybe discussing their day. A small snake lay on the path, not ready to leave the warmth of the spot ... he didn't like our presence and preferred to be left alone.

We are encouraged to get ready for the holidays ... to spend our money ... to shop now and avoid the crowds. Posts are showing up everywhere about how to deal with holiday stress and people are anxious ... will there be enough time to do everything.

So I invite you today to step outside. Breathe deeply and feel the sun on your skin. Close your eyes and listen to the sounds around you ... can you hear nature? Take a moment to watch the spider building a web or a squirrel burying it's fall harvest.

Breathe.

Take a moment ...

12 comments :

  1. sun? girl what sun? :-)

    great inspiration! i took a bike ride in the cold misty afternoon of today and as always, felt great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful...
    I think I felt God smile.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful! I am trying to make a lot of my gifts this year so that there is some meaning behind what I give people vs just buying something at the big chain stores. I probably should have started earlier, but oh well. I just want to enjoy the holidays and not feel pressured or rushed. I hope everyone can take a moment from the craziness of this time of year and like you said "breathe" and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is lovely lovely lovely - and so very true ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! What an important reminder for us to relax and just enjoy every bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, for reminding us to actually take some time and enjoy what God has given us and not be rushing around anxiously trying to do 5 things at once. Not that I can do that any more, but I still feel that anxiety to move it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this reminder. I've been stressing more than usual because my mother, the matriarch and super organizer, has decreed that present-exchanging will take place this year on Thanksgiving. So now I'm rushing around trying to finish making things, which takes all the fun out of pottery. I'm headed to the studio tomorrow for some really last minute glazing, and I think I'm just going to get done what I get done and enjoy my quiet time there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I love what Lisa wrote. What a wonderful thought. I too had a day like that today and this evening snapped a few photographs of the sun setting. It was magical. I posted them a bit ago. Pop over to share in it. Gorgeous!
    hugs,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. our weather is warming up, what is better than a track in the bush, listen to the waves, and best of all, it is free.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you have redone your blog since I was here last (I've been away to long) looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. There are times here at the pc I get tired, or my eyes go funny (not through too much sex) so I just close the door and walk across the road to the park and sit and watch, usually birds, or it could be maybe clouds, or the kids careening suicidily around on their bikes. It's refreshing to do nothing and take a moment to appreciate what surrounds us usually unseen.

    AV

    ReplyDelete