Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Reduce Footprints is back (so is #CTWW & #MtaGt)

Happy New Year and welcome back to Reduce Footprints. We have a new look and some exciting activities planned for 2013.

Last year, before leaving for hiatus, I asked readers the following question: "What would you like to see on this blog in 2013?" I got some great responses and plan to incorporate them into this year's activities. Here are a few changes we'll start with:

  • Challenges will no longer include a requirement to return to this blog for an update. You'll simply be asked to accomplish the task. However, since I believe we learn from each others experiences, you are always welcome (and encouraged) to come back and update us on your activities ... it just won't be a requirement. Similar to last year, I'll continue to promote your participation via social networks.
  • I'm going to try to increase the impact of our challenges by including political pressure. Some of our challenges will ask that we sign petitions, write letters or accomplish other tasks designed to let our government and corporate leaders know that we want to "green-up" the world. If you have any other ideas on how we can do this, please let me know!
  • Some of you have asked for product reviews and favorites. So, I'll be sharing my thoughts on various Eco-friendly products and will be accepting requests for reviews of the same. Also, you are invited to share your thoughts with Reduce Footprints' readers. If you're interested in having your review featured, just drop me a line HERE.
  • It's been suggested that I include some topic posts this year so ... I'm going to get back to writing. Stay tuned!
  • This year we're going to include some surveys. Perhaps we'll ask you to imagine the world in 20 years and answer questions about how green you think the world will be ... maybe we'll ask about various green activities and find out why or why not you're embracing them. Hopefully it'll be a fun way to evaluate our environmental commitment.
  • We've had a request for more vegan recipes and since it's one of my most favorite subjects ... I'm happy to oblige. I'll be searching out delicious meals and even, perhaps, creating a few of my own.
  • Last (but certainly not least), I've been asked to include more pictures ... mine, yours ... possibly pictures of our green lives. I'll admit, I'm not good about pictures but I'll give it a try. If you have pictures that highlight something green in your life and would like to have them featured on Reduce Footprints, send them to me along with a descriptive paragraph or two.

So what do you think? Sounds like fun, doesn't it!!

Let's kick things off with a survey. Please answer the question using the poll gadget and then leave a comment elaborating on your answer.

Do you feel your green efforts are


Don't forget ... use the comments section below to tell us why you chose your answer.

Thanks everyone ... see you next time!



22 comments :

  1. Firstly I wish happy healty and succes years,I support your all activities,I wish easly,kind regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mr. Uyar! So nice to see you!!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back and hope you've enjoyed your holiday! All those points sounds excellent, can't wait for the action to start :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cat ... I did enjoy my holiday ... it recharged my battery! Hopefully the changes will be fun ... and I thank all of you for sharing your "wish list" of changes on Reduce Footprints. :-)

      Delete
  3. Welcome back & Happy New Year. I'm not where I'd like to be completely, but that is also part of my MO. I actually want to consistently do about 80%. I admit that I slipped over the holidays, sometimes convenience wins over conscientiousness.

    But it's a new year and I'm going to keep at my 80% goal. Maybe move it up to 85%!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 80% is a fabulous goal, Kim! And I love that you're considering a move to 85%. Hope you'll be writing about your efforts!

      Delete
  4. So good to see you back, and in great form too! I put "reasonable" in the survey: I feel I've come a long way. But I've just looked in the eye of a big ugly truth about my carbon footprint. I'm not sure I have the gumption to actually post this; if I do, it will be up on Thursday. If.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi CelloMom ... if you feel inclined to share, I'm sure that we'll learn from your experience. But ... the important thing is that you've raised your own awareness and, to me, that's the first step in finding solutions and improving. I like the "I've come a long way" part ... excellent! Will be watching on Thursday for a possible post. :-)

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year!!! I don't think anyone will ever be excellent because I think there is always more we can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen! I agree ... in my life, there's always something more I can do. I've talked to some, though, who feel there's nothing more they can do. I guess it's all about perception, right?

      Delete
  6. I tend to be a perfectionist, I want to do everything perfectly, in the area of greening my life, I want to be more self sufficient, growing more of my own food and eliminate completely the store, I have my trash down to a very small amount a month, but my goal would be to produce zero trash. I also recycle more than I would like to at this time. These are the areas I am striving to improve this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois! I love your goals! I especially like the part about recycling ... while it's certainly a good thing, a better thing is not to have stuff which needs to be recycled. Do you have any tips for making that happen?

      Delete
  7. Great to have you back. would love to see more vegan recipes, re choice - know that I could be doing more, making a committment this year to make more effort. Blessings for the week. Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda! Stay tuned because I do have a few more vegan recipes lined up. If each of us made a commitment to do just a bit more ... wow ... imagine what the world would be like. :-)

      Delete
  8. welcome back - I love all your plans for the year and am looking forward to walking the journey with you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mrs. Green! I couldn't ask for a better (or nicer) walking partner. :-)

      Delete
  9. I chose reasonable We try to do a lot but still have a good ways to go. So glad your back and look forward to new Eco challenges. I really like the new look! I hope that this New Year brings you an abundance of God's blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia! In a way, while I'm always trying to get to that "excellent" point, I'm kind of glad that I'm not there yet because there is such joy in finding ways to do better. Thank you for the comment on our new look ... my other half (Art Ist at http://4oneaday.blogspot.com/) created the background this year.

      Delete
  10. So glad to see you back! This year my main "green goal" is to really get my veggie garden going, so that I don't have to rely so heavily on grocery store produce. Plus it always tastes so much better right out of the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kerry! Ooooh, that's one of my favorite goals. I agree ... home grown vegetables taste great. This past year I canned tomatoes for the first time and we are enjoying them this winter. Do you plan to preserve some of the produce you grow?

      Delete
  11. Yeah! Welcome back! I'm looking forward to all the changes. Love the new site design!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristina ... thanks so much! I really appreciated all the suggestions I received last year ... it's breathing new energy into the blog!

      Delete