Friday, May 24, 2013

Review - Celadon Road Sunscreen

I like being outdoors. I like fresh air, hiking, walking and exploring nature. Sunburn ... not so much! Discomfort aside, sunburns are dangerous and can cause cancer.

My skin is sensitive! When outdoors, I burn within minutes. Covering up and sticking to shaded areas helps but it doesn't always fit in with my activities. So, I use sunscreen ... always.

Choosing an effective sunscreen (without harmful ingredients) which moisturizes, stays on when swimming or sweating, and doesn't harm the earth is tricky business.

Amanda Arkans, from Celadon Road, invited me to try 20 SPF Sunscreen. It contains 25% Zinc Oxide which provides broad spectrum UVA and UVB protection. It is important to always choose a sunscreen which addresses both kinds of rays. UVA causes deep skin damage (sun spots, leathery skin and wrinkles). UVB rays are linked to cancer.

In addition to Zinc Oxide, Celadon Road Sunscreen contains spring water, organic extra virgin olive oil, vegetable glycerin, organic shea butter, vegetable emulsifying wax NF and vegetable vitamin E.

Let's talk about how it works and feels.

I "test drove" the lotion by applying it to my face. To ensure a good test, I left my neck bare. We spent about 2 hours in the mid-day sun. The lotion feels great, more like a moisturizer than a sunscreen. It protects well ... my face remained burn-free ... not even a hint of pink. What about my "control" test subject (i.e. my neck)? It turned red.

The drawback to this product is that Zinc Oxide is white ... very white ... which isn't, in my opinion, desirable on one's face. The good news is that Celadon Road offers a tinted version, which I will choose next time.

Vanity aside, this product works and works well. It protects the skin without toxic chemicals and is Eco-friendly.

If you'd like to try it, you can purchase it through Amanda's site: http://www.myceladonroad.com/AMANDA/.

safe sunscreen

Looking for a business opportunity? If you join Amanda's team as a qualified consultant before June 30th and mention that you heard about Celadon Road from Reduce Footprints, you will receive a FREE sunscreen as a thank you.


I received Celadon Road 20 SPF Sunscreen in order to write this review. I received no other compensation. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and reflect my honest opinion of the product reviewed.