If all that weren't enough, JC also cooks. All of the dishes which she shares on her blog, Lady JC Muses, are healthy and many are vegan. Each one includes fresh, in-season ingredients. She epitomizes clean eating with dishes that please the eye as well as the taste buds.
JC has graciously allowed me to share one of her recipes with you. I love the ingredients she's chosen for this dish, and the fact that it comes together quickly. Check it out ... and then, check out JC's blog!
Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Olive Oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Whole Wheat Buns
- Vegenaise or Other Vegan Mayo
- Sundried Tomatoes
- Marinate mushrooms for 1/2 hour in equal parts olive oil & balsamic vinegar with a sprinkle of marjoram.
- Grill mushrooms for approximately 5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let them rest.
- In the meantime, prepare kale (sauté in a touch of oil until slightly wilted - can add garlic, salt & pepper to taste). Set aside.
- Put a schmear of mayo on each bun.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Top with sautéed kale and a couple sundried tomatoes.
- Enjoy this quick and delicious lunch.
Doesn't that look delicious ... and so easy to make! You can find the original recipe HERE and JC says that this recipe is perfect for leftover grilled mushrooms. Thanks, JC!!
If you have a vegan recipe which you'd like to share, please contact me HERE. And for all the recipes we've shared so far, be sure to visit our recipe page using the tabs at the top of this blog ... or by clicking HERE.
Image courtesy of Lady JC Muses
This post is shared at Plant-Based Potluck Party Link Up, Healthy Vegan Friday, and Real Food Fridays