Friday, February 20, 2015

Review - Celadon Road Coconut Deodorant

What's in your deodorant?

I prefer to put natural ingredients on my skin ... I just feel better knowing that nothing toxic enters my body.

In fairness, though, I've done a bit of research on antiperspirants and deodorants. We've all heard that aluminum is linked to Alzheimer's and Parabens can mimic the hormone estrogen, causing cancer. Let me say that in all the research that I've done, no scientific studies have found these claims to be true. In fact, they suggest that products containing either of these ingredients are "probably" safe to use.

It's that "probably" that I have a hard time with. In fact, I have a hard time with anything that might cause health issues, especially when there are natural, safe alternatives on the market.

Review of Celadon Road Coconut Deodorant
I was invited to try Celadon Road's Coconut Deodorant.

Here's what's in this deodorant:

cocos nucifera oil, cetostearyl alcohol, ethoxylated sorbitan ester, sodium bicarbonate, organic zeamays starch, manihot esculenta root starch, organic camellia sinensis, organic juniperus communis, organic rosa mosqueta, organic mentha piperita, wild harvested fucus vesiculosus, organic petroseliumum crispum, organic symphytum officinale, organic arctium lappa, organic tellaria media, organic taraxacum officinale, organic echinacea purpurea, organic foeniculum vulgare, organic trigonella foenum graecum, organic zingiber officinale, organic capsicum annum, trifolium pratense, cocos nucifera milk.

You'll notice that it does NOT contain aluminum, parabens, propalyne glycol, phthalates, or triclosan ... all ingredients that have been linked to health problems.

The ingredients are certified organic and the product is NEVER tested on animals.

Oh ... and did I mention that it's made in the USA? Yep ... it hasn't traveled around the earth to get to your home. Yay!

Before I tell you how this item performs, let me say a few words about deodorants versus antiperspirants:
  • Both deal with odor.
  • Deodorants prevent odor-causing bacteria from thriving under our arms. Natural versions typically include things like baking soda which neutralizes the bacteria. They do not prevent sweating.
  • Antiperspirants stop a person from sweating by plugging the pores under our arms. Since a wet environment is perfect for bacteria, antiperspirants eliminate odor by not giving the bacteria a place to thrive. Antiperspirants usually contain things like aluminum and zirconium. It's important to note that, as far as I can tell, chemicals are necessary to stop sweat ... that's why you don't see natural antiperspirants.
I'm not bothered by sweating. I believe that it's the body's natural mechanism for controlling our temperature. Odor, on the other hand, has more to do with what we eat, hormones, etc. No one wants to stink.

My Thoughts


The first thing that I noticed about this product is how good it smells. It was seriously hard to stop sniffing my underarms once it was applied.

Application is simple. The product pushes up from the bottom and is wide enough to easily cover the entire underarm area. One or two swipes is enough to offer full odor protection which I found to last 1-2 days. The deodorant feels good on my skin ... a cross between a lotion and a silky powder.

The instructions advise that we wait a few seconds to allow the product to dry before dressing. Playing the devil's advocate, I dressed immediately. There was no staining.

The product comes in a 2.5 oz (71g) tube and sells for $18 (US). While that might seem a bit expensive, so little of the deodorant is used at one time that it should last forever ... well, for a good long time, anyway!

Conclusion


Would I recommend this deodorant? Absolutely! It's a safe product which performs well.

Celadon Road deodorants come in a variety of scents. If you'd like to try them out for yourself, you can purchase them HERE.

My friend, Amanda, is offering a great start-up package for anyone looking for a business opportunity. If you're interested in becoming a part of her team and distributing wonderful, Eco-friendly products, check out her generous offer on the Special Offers Page.


I received Celadon Road's Coconut Deodorant in order to write this review. I received no other compensation. All opinions expressed are mine and mine alone and reflect my honest opinion of the material reviewed.


This post is shared at Lou Lou Girls Fabulous Party